The above image is from the cover of Confirmands Journal for Making Disciples: A New Approach to Confirmation by William H. Willimon, published by Logos Productions, Inc., Inver Grove Heights, MN, 2008.
Our Confirmation Class began meeting in January 0f 2019 and will finish the program officially on May 31, 2020. Composed of seventh, eighth and ninth grade students, each student is matched with a mentor who is a member of the church, but not a relative. A large component of Confirmation Class at SFCC is the relationship that is developed between student and mentor. Attending at least 75% of meetings by both mentor and student is expected, but more informal gatherings outside of these class times with both are encouraged.
To successfully complete the Confirmation program, students must at minimum:
- attend at least 12 meetings (75%), (exceptions may be taken under consideration for extenuating circumstances)
- work with their mentor to complete the assigned chapters of the workbook
- complete a community service project,
- visit at least one other religious or church service from a different denomination or religion,
- participate in a church service at SFCC (Maundy Thursday),
- attend an SFCC worship service at least 5 times and provide a short write up about his or her worship experience in church each of those 5 times. (Write up forms are available with Beth in the church office.)